Thank you for visiting West Cork Physiotherapy. Fiona Collins is a Chartered Physiotherapist and Licensed Acupuncturist, treating Back and Neck Pain, Joint and Soft-tissue Injuries, Sports Injuries, Feet and Orthotics, and Elderly Care.
Clinics in Bandon and Clonakilty.
What can be treated?
Soft tissue injuries
Tight muscles, ligaments, cartilage and tendon problems, work related injuries, sports related injuries such as Repetative Strain Injury (RSI), joint strains and sprains.
Rehabilitation to facilitate increased healing and to regain full function once the bones have healed.
Including Prolapsed Discs, Degeneration of Vertebrae, Sciatica, Neck and Low Back pain and stiffness, radiating nerve pain to shoulders/arms, hips/buttocks/legs.
Foot and lower limb pain
Fallen Arches leading to tired aching feet, leg, heel cord, shin, heel and knee pain.
Sports injuries and work site injuries
In addition to treatment of injuries associated with game, advice is given on a programme of exercise and a schedule of returning to work/sport to ensure a rapid positive successful outcome.
Rehabilitation after orthopaedic surgery of fractures, hip and knee replacements, Cruciate and Ligamentous repairs of knee and shoulder to mention but a few.
Arthritic pain, swelling, stiffness in joints such as Shoulder, Elbow, Wrists, Hips, Knees and Ankles.
The goals of West Cork Physiotherapy
- To help people achieve their full potential following injury, pain or disability.
- To provide a level of care that is effective, efficient and humanitarian.
- To provide a service that is based on the highest standards of protocol and best practice.
- To continue to update on an annual basis ones knowledge by attending Conferences and reviewing scientific research, readings and latest treatments to ensure care provided is in line with the most up to date developments in the field.
- To help alleviate pain and restore normal movement and function, helping the body to return to its natural state.