I am pleased to announce that we have extended our physiotherapy practice in addition to Bandon at Clonakilty GAA Grounds, Ahamilla. I have been in practice in West Cork for 21 years and over that time period in addition to working out of Bandon I have had the pleasure for working for 12 years in Skibbereen in a private capacity, and concurrently in Mount Carmel Hospital, Clonakilty as a community based physiotherapist for the HSE.
Having graduated in the US as a Physiotherapist in 1987 I worked for the following five years in a variety of teaching hospitals in Boston and Michigan and returned to practise in West Cork in 1982.
Presently, an opportunity has arisen to work at Clonakilty GAA Club which will serve both the sporting and non-sporting community of Clonakilty and its environs.
The focus of my practice is a full assessment, diagnosis and treatment of orthopaedic and sports injuries making as always, my standard of care complete and comprehensive.
Some conditions treated in the clinic:
- Headaches, Neck, Back Pain (Nerve entrapment)
- Shoulder Pain (pre and post surgical)
- Elbow, Wrist – Tennis/Golfers Elbow – sprains/fractures
- Hip/Knee post surgical replacements
- Joint pain, stiffness, immobility
- Sports injuries
- Exercise prescription
- Biomechanical analysis of Foot and Lower Limb
- Repetitive Strain injury
- Strengthening and stabilisation programmes